Easter Spun Sugar Nails

/
4 Comments
Hello beauties! Aren't we just loving the sunshine in London this week?! Let's hope it stays for the Bank holiday weekend too :) So, today's manicure is going to be an Easter special so bring out all those lovely pastels!

Ever since I saw the spun sugar trend last year I've been meaning to try it out. It's a super fun textured look and the great thing about it, is that it doesn't have to be perfect (but I warn you, it's a lil messy and time consuming so be patient!) You can decide how thick/thin you want the lines to be, however mine turned out a little thicker than anticipated. A little more practice and you can definitely control the effect you desire. There are countless colour combinations you can try out, but for my Easter edition I've used peach, pink, blue and purple.

Here's the finished look - as I said earlier it came out slightly thicker than I thought but a good result for a first time attempt.

First I applied two even coats of Barry M- Matt White as my base colour.

For the accent nail, I've combined all four colours in one.
Colours used are: LA colours - Fun in the sun, NYC - Raindrop, Beauty UK - Love and Barry M - Peach Melba.







Finally I added Sally Hansen - Diamond flash top coat. (Adding a top coat smoothens out the lines slightly, losing its texture a little so it's completely a judgement call whether you apply it or not).







From left to right: NYC - Raindrop, Beautyuk - Love, Barry M - Peach melba, LA Colors - Fun in the sun and
Barry M - Matt white.



Thankyou for stopping by and reading :)

xox


You may also like

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this! They look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) you should defo give it a go!

      Delete
  2. I love this colourful manicure!
    Your nails look stuning ;)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.